University Tutorial Services
Summer Sessions 2017
Tutoring is available on a limited basis during the Summer Sessions
- Summer tutoring requests will be accepted beginning at 9am the first day of classes Tuesday, May 30th, in person with the lab managers on duty in Rm. 208 D. D. Dougherty Hall. Scheduling confirmation will take place as soon as possible with first sessions possible starting as early as June 1 on available tutor schedules.
- We will do our best to accommodate requests to the degree possible, as tutors and available coursework is significantly limited during summer sessions as compared to the academic year semesters.
You may call 262-3060 from 9am-4pm Monday-Friday during Summer Sessions, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We typically do not ask or expect tutors to alter their posted times to meet tutee needs. Please plan on attending all (weekly) sessions to maintain your position on their schedule. If you feel you no longer need assistance, you may officially drop your spot with advance notice. If you are unsure whether or not you really need a tutor, you may want to consider attending a Departmental Help Lab for starters. These settings have posted hours and do not require you to commit to regular attendance. The University Writing Center does require an appointment. Click on the UWC link to get information about this great resource on the basement floor of Belk Library.
To request a tutor or find out about available offerings, come to Rm. 208 D. D. Dougherty between the hours of 9am-4pm Mon-Friday and a Lab Manager will be on duty to assist you. You may also call (828) 262-3060 during these operational hours with to find out if tutoring is available in your needed course area. The General Math Help Lab, the Accounting Lab, and the University Writing Center will be operational for Summer Sessions 2017.
Scheduling a tutor:
To review schedule options with a lab manager, you must know the Course Info including Course Number (i.e. MAT1020 College Algebra), the name of the Professor, and your Banner ID. Tutoring is offered in most 1000-2000 level courses and some higher level coursework in areas where demand is traditionally high*. A lab manager will assist you in completing a request form, schedule you if possible, and provide you with info about other available resources. Please see our additional info links on the right sidebar or contact us if you have questions.
If you are having academic difficulty or just want to do your best in a course, Tutoring Services provides resources that can help. Scheduling requires that you come in person to the UTS Lab, complete a request form and work with a lab manager to review available times. If no current times work with your schedule, you will be placed on a waiting list. When you can be matched with a tutor you will be contacted (and possibly scheduled) via email.
Tutoring is free for all Appalachian students and is provided via several effective formats. Tutoring Services offers:
- Weekly Sessions (small group tutoring) in the UTS Lab and
- Departmental Help Labs that are accessible without an appointment during summer sessions.
- University Tutorial Services is located in room 208 D. D. Dougherty. For more information, call (828) 262-3060.
- *at times during the 2017-2018 academic year, we will likely experience scheduling limitations due to a high number of requests and severe budgetary limitations. If this situation is impacting you personally, please feel free to let us know or comment at this link: Post a Comment