University Tutorial Services
- Spring tutoring requests will be accepted beginning at 9am the first day of classes, January 17th, in person with the lab managers on duty in Rm. 208 D. D. Dougherty Hall, The main UTS Lab.
- The first week of classes is devoted to Tutor Training and providing tutors with the time to establish their schedules and address their own academic and personal needs. Sessions will begin on Tuesday, January 24th.
- We will do our best to accommodate requests to the degree possible, and our tutoring options will focus sheduled tutoring in the UTS lab, LEAD tutoring for Chemistry, and the departmental Help Labs, such as the General Math and Accounting Lab, that will be open on a drop-in basis during advertised hours.
To request a tutor or find out about available offerings, come to Rm. 208 D. D. Dougherty between the hours of 9am-8pm Mon-Thurs or 9am-5pm on Fridays, and a Lab Manager will be on duty to assist you. You may also call (828) 262-3060 during these operational hours with to find out if tutoring is available in your needed course area. LEAD Tutoring for Chemistry, the General Math Help Lab, the Accounting Lab, the Econ and Physics Labs, and the University Writing Center will be operational for Spring 2017 and schedules and rooms established and posted ASAP at semester start-up.
Scheduling a tutor:
To review schedule options with a lab manager, you must know the Course Info including Course Number (i.e. MAT1020 College Algebra), the name of the Professor, and your Banner ID. Tutoring is offered in most 1000-2000 level courses and some higher level coursework in areas where demand is traditionally high*. A lab manager will assist you in completing a request form, schedule you if possible, and provide you with info about other available resources. Please see our additional info links on the right sidebar or contact us if you have questions.
If you are having academic difficulty or just want to do your best in a course, Tutoring Services provides resources that can help. Scheduling requires that you come in person to the UTS Lab, complete a request form and work with a lab manager to review available times. If no current times work with your schedule, you will be placed on a waiting list. When you can be matched with a tutor you will be contacted (and possibly scheduled) via email.
Tutoring is free for all Appalachian students and is provided via several effective formats. Tutoring Services offers:
- Weekly Sessions (1-3 persons) in the UTS Lab and
- Departmental Help Labs that are accessible without an appointment during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- LEAD Tutoring (a Supplemental Instruction model) for Chemistry coursework.
- University Tutorial Services is located in room 208 D. D. Dougherty. For more information, call (828) 262-3060.
- *at times during this coming 2016-2017 academic year, we will likely experience scheduling limitations due to a high number of requests and severe budgetary limitations. If this situation is impacting you personally, please feel free to let us know or comment at this link: Post a Comment