University Tutoring Services
Summer Sessions 2013
When Sign-Up begins, come to Rm. 208 D. D. Dougherty between the hours of 9am-5pm Mon-Thurs, or 9am-3pm on Friday, and a Lab Manager will be on duty to assist you. You may also call (828) 262-3060 during these operational hours with to find out if tutoring is available in your needed course area. The General Math Help Lab the Accounting Lab, and the University Writing Center are operational for summer. Click the Image Icon to watch video overview: (PDF text transcript of video)
Scheduling a tutor:
To review schedule options with a lab manager, you must know the Course Info including Course Number (i.e. MAT1020 College Algebra), the name of the Professor, and your Banner ID. Tutoring is offered in most 1000-2000 level courses and some higher level coursework in areas where demand is traditionally high. A lab manager will assist you in completing a request form, scheduling you if possible, and providing you with info about other available resources. Please see our additional info links on the right sidebar or contact us if you have questions.
If you are having academic difficulty or just want to do your best in a course, Tutoring Services provides resources that can help. Scheduling requires that you come in person to the UTS Lab, complete a request form and work with a lab manager to review available times. If no current times work with your schedule, you will be placed on a waiting list and contacted (and possibly scheduled) via email when you can be placed.
Tutoring is free for all Appalachian students and is provided via several effective formats. Tutoring Services offers:
- Weekly Sessions (1-3 persons) in the UTS Lab and
- several Departmental Help Labs that are accessible without an appointment during summer school,
- University Tutorial Services is located in room 208 D. D. Dougherty. For more information, call (828) 262-3060.
About Summer Session Tutoring...
- In the Summer, tutor availability is often limited to reduced staffing. We will do our best to provide services in our normal areas of need, however, there may be instances where certain requests may go unmet. All Math tutoring during summer sessions is conducted in the drop-in General Math Help Lab.
- As stated above, at times during this 2013-14 academic year, we will likely experience scheduling limitiations due to a high number of requests and severe budgetary limitations. If this situation is impacting you personally, please feel free to let us know or comment at this link: Post a Comment