University Tutoring Services
Tutoring Services will begin for Spring 2014 as follows:
- Monday, January 12th request forms will be available for students to complete
- Scheduling begins Wednesday, January 21st
- The first week of classes is devoted to Tutor Training and schedule building, with first sessions beginning on Monday, January 26th.
- Most Departmental Help Labs will begin operation the 2ndfull week of classes.
To request a tutor or find out about available offerings, come to Rm. 208 D. D. Dougherty between the summer hours of 9am-4pm Mon-Friday, and a Lab Manager will be on duty to assist you. You may also call (828) 262-3060 during these operational hours with to find out if tutoring is available in your needed course area. The General Math Help Lab, the Accounting Lab, and the University Writing Center are operational for Summer 2014 Sessions. Click the Image Icon to watch video overview: (PDF text transcript of video)
Scheduling a tutor:
To review schedule options with a lab manager, you must know the Course Info including Course Number (i.e. MAT1020 College Algebra), the name of the Professor, and your Banner ID. Tutoring is offered in most 1000-2000 level courses and some higher level coursework in areas where demand is traditionally high*. A lab manager will assist you in completing a request form, scheduling you if possible, and providing you with info about other available resources. Please see our additional info links on the right sidebar or contact us if you have questions.
If you are having academic difficulty or just want to do your best in a course, Tutoring Services provides resources that can help. Scheduling requires that you come in person to the UTS Lab, complete a request form and work with a lab manager to review available times. If no current times work with your schedule, you will be placed on a waiting list. When you can be matched with a tutor you will be contacted (and possibly scheduled) via email.
Tutoring is free for all Appalachian students and is provided via several effective formats. Tutoring Services offers:
- Weekly Sessions (1-3 persons) in the UTS Lab and
- Several Departmental Help Labs that are accessible without an appointment during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- University Tutorial Services is located in room 208 D. D. Dougherty. For more information, call (828) 262-3060.
- *at times during this coming 2014-15 academic year, we will likely experience scheduling limitations due to a high number of requests and severe budgetary limitations. If this situation is impacting you personally, please feel free to let us know or comment at this link: Post a Comment