University Tutoring Services
Fall Semester 2015
- The final day for filing a tutor request for this semester will be Friday, October 23rd, 2015. Previously scheduled sessions will continue to take place through the last day of classes prior to Reading Day.
To request a tutor or find out about available offerings, come to Rm. 208 D. D. Dougherty between the hours of 9am-7pm Mon-Thurs or 9am-5pm Friday, and a Lab Manager will be on duty to assist you. You may also call (828) 262-3060 during these operational hours with to find out if tutoring is available in your needed course area. The General Math Help Lab, the Accounting Lab, the Math 1030 Lab, the Chemistry Help Lab, a Physics Help Lab sponsored by the Physics Department, and the University Writing Center are operational for the fall of 2015. Click the Image Icon to watch video overview: (PDF text transcript of video)
Scheduling a tutor:
To review schedule options with a lab manager, you must know the Course Info including Course Number (i.e. MAT1020 College Algebra), the name of the Professor, and your Banner ID. Tutoring is offered in most 1000-2000 level courses and some higher level coursework in areas where demand is traditionally high*. A lab manager will assist you in completing a request form, schedule you if possible, and provide you with info about other available resources. Please see our additional info links on the right sidebar or contact us if you have questions.
If you are having academic difficulty or just want to do your best in a course, Tutoring Services provides resources that can help. Scheduling requires that you come in person to the UTS Lab, complete a request form and work with a lab manager to review available times. If no current times work with your schedule, you will be placed on a waiting list. When you can be matched with a tutor you will be contacted (and possibly scheduled) via email.
Tutoring is free for all Appalachian students and is provided via several effective formats. Tutoring Services offers:
- Weekly Sessions (1-3 persons) in the UTS Lab and
- Several Departmental Help Labs that are accessible without an appointment during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- University Tutorial Services is located in room 208 D. D. Dougherty. For more information, call (828) 262-3060.
- *at times during this coming 2015-16 academic year, we will likely experience scheduling limitations due to a high number of requests and severe budgetary limitations. If this situation is impacting you personally, please feel free to let us know or comment at this link: Post a Comment